top of page


Insurance Criteria: Welcome

Before enquiring about hiring, please check that you meet the following criteria:

All drivers must be 25-75 years of age and have held a full UK driving licence, or its international equivalent*, for a minimum of 2 years. If you are younger or older it may still be possible to hire but a bigger excess/deposit will apply.

* Licences outside the EU, USA, NZ, South Africa or Candada will need to be referred to our insurers.

Two, 3 point convictions are acceptable (i.e. 2x Sp30’s, 3pts each) without referral. Any single conviction totalling 6 points+ will require referral.

No more than one fault or outstanding accident/claim/incident in the last 3 years

All driving convictions, endorsements, accidents, insurance refusal, disabilities or medical conditions must be disclosed prior to booking. In certain circumstances a surcharge may be imposed, the insurance excess may be increased or insurance may be refused.  

All drivers are required to provide proof of identity and permanent address before the pick up date. We will retain copies of the following documents:

​• Driving licence photocard

• Online DVLA licence check print out

• 2 separate bills showing the same address as driving licence, first must be a Utility bill (gas, water, electric, sky, internet, landline). The second can be bank/credit card statement, mortgage statement, council tax bill. These must be dated within 90 days of the commencement of the hire period.


Endorsements – the camper van will not be let out on hire or driven by:

• Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their licence endorsed or suspended or more than six penalty points imposed. Spent convictions, covered the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.

• Persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer

• Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.

• Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.

• Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.

• Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.

• Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for two years or more.


The vehicle shall be driven only by the person(s) named on the rental agreement. No other person(s) are permitted to drive the vehicle.

Personal belongings are not covered by our insurance so we advise that you take out your own travel insurance cover.

Insurance Criteria: Text
bottom of page